Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Still finding excitement in different ways

  The last few weeks have been a bit different around the character sheet. As I rambled about earlier I have been doing a lot of arena, not a real huge change for me as I always have a fondness for PvP.  Where the change has come is how I spend my solo time in the game.  In expansions past I would either be min/maxing like a fiend or looking for a new trick to push whatever toon was the current "golden boy" over the top.
  From Vanilla forward I have had a least 2 classes that were tank capable., at my craziest I had all four tank classes at end game. I would get excited about news of a new PTR had to copy over to get a look at the new mechanics, to be ready to into these new instances as soon as the went live. Wrath around the time they released Call of the Crusade the guild I was in was redefining what it wanted to do, so I ran pick up raids.  It became insanely fun, it was possible if one had enough alts to raid almost every night. One of my fondest memories of that time centered around my priest; he had just dinged 80 maybe a day prior when a raid pugmate of mine asked if I wanted to fill in a hole in their 25 man ToC.  I let them know that he was brand new but they said fine just don't make stupid mistakes, bad dps was better than dead dps.  So I got carried I knew it they knew it but the funny part was the guild comments when the achievement system spammed guild that I had cleared ToC 25, was generally dang it you just dinged and already are raiding in pugs on that toon.  When the format for Cat was announced with shared lockouts between 10 and 25 man raids a question on our guild forums openly wondered what I would do.
  Well Cata dropped and the first thing I found out was that I didn't wanna quest, the new content was fun the art was awesome just felt like ugg not again.  So I did a very Fal thing and made a new alt, dwarf shaman this time. Favorite race and a new to me class;non horde shaman.  He was fun during the reworked content of vanilla,but stumbled near outlands as I have no love for hellfire or zangamarsh. Stopped playing him with the idea that I would take my mage into arenas. Did so and love it fast paced matches that can be done around the crazy schedules that my arena partners and I share.  Then that part of me that draws me back into this game happened. I got stuck so I decide that I needed to level Graimerin wanted to play him in arena. I managed to get through all of the Mount Hyjal zone and again ran smack into quest burn out.  Around this time a arena partner was leveling a warrior annoyed at some minor druid changes. He said that Archeology with rested xp was a decent way to level. So I figured it would be a change to the questing burnout, why not give it a whirl.
  My WoW career is filled with seemingly small changes like this.  What I found was a new desire, the thrill of wondering what is "behind" the current solve.  I have yet to find anything  "real" or game changing items, as a guildie was joking last night that the amber fossil rare was not usable in combat. I don't care, for me the joy is in wondering whats next.  I sit here and have all the little plans, if I solve a troll item in Stranglethorn will I get the sword, do I need all the races to get my next epic. I get a rush when I near a solve in one of my desired races, and when the next one isn't the one I want well the next one certainly will.  I love reading the little blurbs about the items in the profession window. For me the useless items are the vehicles that move the story forward they do this by sometimes sad, sometimes funny little accounts.  I would be thrilled to get any of the "useful" items and if I don't there is always the next find. Well I've rambled way to much already and now must get back to the fragment fields happy hunting all.
 

No comments: