Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Stuff I gots stuff I wants

Today is maintenance day again until 2 pm eastern for me so I figured I'd share a little of my research on what I want for Grai. These will be items that are obtainable pre-Naxx. I'm not trying to imply that these are needed items to run Naxx just what I want before the guild I'm in starts raiding Naxx. He is currently at the defense cap to remove critical hits in heroic instances with what I believe to be decent hp and armor value.
Here is my armory link Graimerin, so everyone can see. I'll use that as the over view as I go threw piece by piece what I have and what I think is realistic to get as an upgrade at my current content level.

Head Slot: Currently equipped The Crusaders Resolution.
Best currently available upgrade: Arcane-Shielded Helm drop from heroic Nexus.
Best craft able after 3.0.8: Tempered Titansteel Helm easier to acquire
With the changes to the craft able one and diminishing returns of avoidance stats after 3.0.8 Titansteel easily out paces Arcane for the following reasons. Stamina a tanks primary stat and scalability, also if you have access to a blacksmith your not chasing love from the rng (which hates me).

Neck: Currently equipped: Blood-Infused Pendant quest reward from Sholazar Basin
Emblem of Heroism one: Chained Military Gorget
Time is the only factor in obtaining this necklace currently have 14 emblems past half way

Shoulder: Crusader's Square Pauldrons BoE drop from CoT Stratholme
Upgrade: Pauldrons of the Colossus heroic Gundark drop
The BoE ones are easier to obtain non heroic run or a lucky AH purchase. The heroic drop are a much better fit for a prot paladin I love block rating.

Chest: Tempered Saronite Breastplate blacksmith crafted item
Rep. Reward: Breastplate of the Solem Council
Drop:Ziggurat Imprinted Chestgaurd heroic Drak'Tharon Keep

Wrist: Tempered Saronite bracers blacksmith crafted item
Drop: Bindings of Dark Will heroic CoT stratholme

Weapon: Infantry Assault Blade heroic UK drop
Upgrade: Red Sword of Courage heroic UP drop

Shield: Titan Shield Wall crafted blacksmith item
Emblem of Heroism one: Crygil's Discarded Plate Panel on the list but not a great need

These are the ones that I would like to get as I progress threw. Some are minor upgrades like the shield but I'm a vain Paladin and I think that one just looks bad ass. Other pieces are out there to upgrade other slots but I try to not overwhelm myself with a wish list. Some of these are based on the evil rng and having to mush of a list would make me turn my game into a endless stream of either lfging or annoying guildies constantly to run this or that instance because I need this drop.

So I have some goals to peruse, not mindless; or chaotically but hopefully with some great guildies and or friends I have in game.

No comments: